The procedure below will display diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) to the JK’s odometer.
- Insert key into ignition, turn to the ON position but do not start the engine.
2013 JK is devoid of marking for On/Off. Photo above shows ignition in OFF position.
Above photo shows ignition in ON position.
- Turn key to the OFF position then back ON three times rapidly. Make sure to end the sequence in the ON position.
- All dash lights should illuminate briefly.
Odometer will show a series of six dashes.
- Any DTC codes logged by the system will appear in the odometer. Make note of these.
- Odometer will show ‘-done-’ following the last reported DTC code or if none logged.
- Turn the key to OFF and remove from ignition.
To better understand the supplied codes, consult the Diagnostic Trouble Code List.